'One in four adults feel lonely some or all of the time.’
In honour of mental health awareness week and the theme ‘loneliness’ we thought it would be helpful to share with you our Daily Dose tips on how we deal with feeling lonely and what we do to feel a little lighter and better.
Loneliness is something that most of us will feel at some point in our lives, but there can be certain situations and factors that put some at high risk that others.
- Full-time students are among those as higher risk of feeling lonely, this was especially prevalent during the pandemic.
- Older adults are more likely to face loneliness due to the amount of social contact such as living alone, the loss of family or friends, hearing loss and also chronic illness.
Something I think is super easy to remember and remind yourself daily is the happiness formula…
Something to move your body + something to challenge your brain
+ something to feed the soul = HAPPINESS
*to do everyday
- Do something enjoyable and keep busy
Small activities can be a really great way to get those positive endorphins, and energy.
- A walk in the park with a friend
- A call with a grandparent
- Spring clean-out
- 30 minute YouTube yoga session
2. Take care of your mind
Being good at what you do and feeling passionate about it is one of the most important things for a happy life.
- Read a book
- Take up painting
- Take a self-care day
- Tackle and move on from unhealthy past relationships
- Get a good night sleep
3. Feed your soul
The soul is the essence of who you are, and therefore it must be nurtured. By becoming aware of the life force within every person and thing, it is easier to understand how everything on earth is connected through energy, strengthening your soul.
- Forgiveness to yourself or people around you
- Avoid negativity and negative people
- Minimalistic decor
- Eat a balanced diet
- Stay optimistic and present
- Fill your home with plants
- Journal, find out your goals and passions