Got a trip to sunny south-west London on the cards, perhaps a trip to Wimbledon, then a good picnic is a must-have! If there is one thing we Brits love it's a good tradition, so a punnet of Strawberries and cream will most definitely be on the menu but, we know how to take your day out from good to great!
So first up, what’s a picnic without food?!
- Sandwiches or wraps: quintessentially English we love a good cucumber sandwich, but switch it up and try some of your favourite filings highlighting seasonal British produce. Top tip, opt for ingredients that won't spoil easily.
- Fresh fruits: Nothing beats sitting back relaxing with some fresh berries to hand, whilst strawberries are always a go-to at the tennis, we love to add a bit of diversity. P.S Don’t forget the cream!
- Snacks: Include some snacks like pretzels, chips, or popcorn for nibbling between matches.
- Salad: Prepare a salad in a sealed container with dressing on the side for a healthy option.
- Desserts: Treat yourself with some cookies, brownies, or other sweet treats.
Hydration is key, so you don’t want to be scrimping on the drinks.
- Water: Stay hydrated by bringing plenty of water bottles. A reusable bottle is perfect as there are plenty of stations to refill!
- Cold pressed juice: If there was ever a time for Strawb to shine it would be at Wimbledon, sweet summer strawberries with a touch of basil - yum!
It’s a scorcher out there so make sure you keep things cool…
- Using a cooler or insulated lunchbox will help with keeping everything fresh and tasty!
A day on the Murray Mount/Henman Hill…
- Bring a comfortable picnic blanket or mat to sit on while enjoying your meal.
Most importantly though, have a great day and enjoy a spot of tennis or two whilst sipping on a Strawb!